We Welcome you to 2020/2021 JAMB Questions and Answers on Biology. You are searching online for 2020/2021 JAMB Questions and Answers on Biology cbt exams, jamb Biology, jamb Biology 2020, jamb Biology answers 2020, JAMB Biology 2020 Expo, JAMB Biology runs, 2020 JAMB Biology cbt Answers? We have done a great job on this – JAMB Biology Answers and Questions 2020 have been solved and made available here for any candidate to make good use of them.
JAMB Biology Answers 2020/2021
Note: The Examination is Very simple, all you have to do is to read the questions carefully. It is simply a test, just be logical and smart in your reasoning.
Majority of JAMB Candidates are always afraid of Biology questions, with the belief that JAMB Biology CBT questions are not usually simple for someone to answer. But I tell you that such a belief is not true. JAMB Biology Questions are normally the simplest in JAMB Examination…Are you wondering? Let me give a prove….Don’t forget that the Answers will be given below as you read on…
JAMB Biology Questions
JAMB 2020 Biology Questions
JAMB Biology Past Questions PDF
JAMB Biology Sample Questions
JAMB BIOLOGY SYLLABUS 2020
A: VARIETY OF ORGANISMS
- Candidates should be able to:
- Differentiate between the characteristics of living and non-living things.
- Identify the structures of plants and animal cells.
- Analyse the functions of the components of plants and animal cells.
- Compare and contrast the structure of plant and animal cells.
- Trace the levels of organization among organisms in their logical sequence in relation to the five level of organization of living organisms.
2. Evolution among the following:
Candidates should be able to:
- Analyse external features and characteristics of the listed organisms:
- Apply the knowledge from (i) above to demonstrate increase in structural complexity .
- Trace the stages in the life histories of the listed organisms.
- Apply the knowledge of the life histories to demonstrate gradual transition from life in water to life on land.
- Trace the evolution of the listed plants.
Candidates should be able to:
- Trace the advancement of the invertebrate animals.
- Determine the economic importance of the insects studied.
- Asses their values to the environment.
Trace the advancement of multi-cellular animals.
ii. Determine their economic importance.
3A. Structural/functional and behavioural adaptations of organisms.
Candidates should be able to:
- Describe how the various structures, functions and behaviour adapt these organisms to their environment, and way of life
Candidates should be able to:
- Categorize countershading in fish, toads and snakes and warning colouration in mushrooms.Candidates should be able to:
- Differentiate various castes in social insects like termites and thei functions in their colony hive.
- Account for basking in lizards, territorial behavour of other animals under unfavourable conditions (hibernation and aestivation). Candidates should be able to
- Account for adaptation in organisms with respect to the following:
Obtaining food (beaks and legs of birds, mouthparts of insects especially mosquito, butterfly and moth.)
ii. Protection and defence (stick insects, praying mantis and toad).
iii. Securing mates (redhead male and female Agama lizards, display of fathers by birds).
iv. Regulating body temperature (skin, feathers and hairs)
v. Conserving water (spines in plants and scales in mammals).
Download full Syllabus JAMB Biology Syllabus
JAMB Question and Answers on Biology 2020 – JAMB CBT Questions
What we are going to do here, for now, is to give you JAMB 3019 Sample questions on Biology so you can study in have an idea of how JAMB 2019 Biology questions will be set, so that you can easily provide an Answer to any question you may see in the exam hall.
Below are Sample Biology Questions for trials
1. A noticeable adaptation of the animal to its aquatic habitat is the possession of
A. webbed digits B. four limbs C. a wide mouth D. large eyes
2. The similarity among organisms belonging to the same group will be least within each
A. order B. family C. species D. kingdom
3. Hermaphroditic reproduction can be found among the
A. annelids and molluscs B. pisces and amphibians C. coelenterates and platyhelminthes D. arthropods and nematodes
4. One distinctive feature in the life history of liverworts is that they exhibit
A. vegetative reproduction B. alternation of generation C. sexual reproduction D.asexual reproduction
5. The cell component that is present in a prokaryotic cell is the
A. ribosome B. mitochondrion C. chloroplast D. nuclear envelope
6. In the egg of a bird, the embryo is located in the
A. yolk B. embryo disc C. chalaza D. albumen
7. An insect whose economic importance is both harmful and benefit is the
A. butterfly B. mosquito C. blackfly D. tsetsefly
8. If water that has been coloured red is poured at the base of a wilting plant, it will appear as a red stain in the cells of the
A. phloem B. parenchyma C. xylem D. epidermis.
9. The stunted growth of a leguminous plant suffering from nitrogen deficiency may be corrected by inoculating the soil with
A. saprophytic bacteria B. rhizobium C. denitrifying bacteria D. nitrosomonas.
10. The part of the mammalian digestive system where absorption of nutrients takes place is the. A. duodenum B. colon C. ileum D. oesophagus
11. The dark reaction of photosynthesis involves the
A. release of oxygen and the splitting of water, B. photolysis of water and the production of starch, C. reduction of carbon (IV) oxide to organic compounds, D. splitting of water into hydrogen ions
12. The most important hormone that induces the ripening of fruit is
A. Cytokinin B. Indole acetic acid C. Ethylene D. Gibberellin
13. Metabolic production of urea is carried out in the
A. urinary bladder and kidney B. pancreas C. kidney and malphigian tubule D. liver
14. In mammalian males, the excretory and reproductive system share the
A. ureter B. testes C. vas deferens D. urethra
15. The best method of propagating sugarcane is by
A. stem cuttings B. seed sowing C. layering D. grafting
16. The response of plants to external stimuli in a non-
directional manner is known as
A. nastic movement B. photropism C. tactic D. geotropism
17. Homologous pairs of chromosomes separate during
A. meiosis B. cytolysis C. mitosis D. cleavage
18. An example of a caryopsis is
A. coconut B. tomato C. guava D. maize grain
19. A limiting factor in a plant population near a chemical factory is likely to be
A. humidity B. pH C. wind D. light
20. The pioneer organisms in ecological succession are usually the
A. lichens B. algae C. ferns D. mosses
21. Mycorrhiza is an association between fungi and
A. roots of higher plants B. ilamentous algae C. bacteria D. protozoans
22. A density-dependent factor that regulates the population size of organisms is
A. sudden flood B. disease C. fire outbreak D. drought
23. The most effective method of dealing with non-biodegradable pollution is by
A. burying B. dumping C. incineration D. recycling
24. Soil fertility can best be conserved and renewed by the activities of
A. microbes B. earthwormsv C. man D. rodents
25. One example of fossil fuels is
A. coral B. limestone C. firewood D. coal
26. If the pair of allelels for baldness is given as Bb, a female carrier will be denoted by
A. XBXb B. XBXB C. XbY D. XBY
27. An organism that has been extensively used to test the chromosome theory of heredity is
A. Homo sapiens B. Drosophila melanogaster C. Zea Mays D. Musea domestica
30. A feature associated with the Y-chromosome in humans is
A. facial hairs B. prominent fingernails C. long eyelashes D. enlarged breast
31. A man and his wife are both heterozygous for the sickle-cell trait. The likely percentage of their offspring that will be either carriers or sicklers is
A. 50% B. 25% C. 75% D. 100%
32. The type of reproduction that leeds to variation in animal and plant populations is
A. budding B. vegetative C. asexual D. sexual
33. If a DNA strand has a base sequence TCA, its complementary strand must be
A. ATG B. GAT C. AGT D. TAG
34. Which of the following requires the use of carbon dating to prove that evolution has occurred?
A. Biochemical similarities B. Molecular records C. Fossil Records D. Comparative anatomy
35. The presence of sunken stomata and the folding of leaves are adaptations to
A. prevent entry of pathogens B. prevent guttation C. remove excess water D. reduce water loss
36. Spines and shells on animals are adaptations for
A. physical defence B. camouflage C. chemical defence D. mimicry
37. The inactive state exhibited by an animal during hot dry seasons is termed
A. aestivation B. dormancy C. resting D. hibernation
38. An insect with a mandibulate mouth part will obtain its food by
A. chewing B. chewing and sucking C. sucking D. biting and chewing
39. An example of cryptic colouration is the
A.bright marks on a poisonous tropical frog on variegated leaves
B. bright colour of an insect-pollinated flower
C. mottled colours on moths that rest on lichens
D. green colour of a plant
40. An argument against Lamarck’s heory of evolution is that
A. acquired traits cannot be passed onto the offspring
B. disuse of body part cannot weaken the part
C. disused part is dropped off in the offspring
D. traits cannot be acquired through constant use of body parts.
41. The type of reproduction that is common to both Hydra and yeast is
A. grafting B. budding C. conjugation D. binary fission
42. Epigeal germination of a seed is characterized by
A. lack of growth of the hypocotyls
B. more rapid elongation of the hypocotyls than the epicotyl
C. more rapid elongation of the epicotyl than the hypocotyl
D. equal growth rate of both the .hypocotyl and epicotyl.
43. All living cells require water because it
A. is a medium that neutralizes acids in cells
B. is the main source of energy for the cells
C. prevents the development of diseases in cell
D. is a medium for all metabolic reactions.
44. The surface of an alveolus in a mammals is well supplied
with tiny blood vessels known as
A. capillaries B. arteries C. arterioles D. venules
45. Nervous control differs from hormonal control in that the former
A. is a slower process
B. involves only chemical transmission
C. has no specific pathway
D. produces short-term changes
46. Identical twins inherit their genes from
A. One egg and two sperms B. two eggs and a sperm C. the same egg and sperm D. different eggs and sperms
47. Paternity disputes can most accurately be resolved through the use of
A. DNA analysis B. fingerprinting C. tongue-rolling D. blood group typing
48. Sex-linked genes are located on
A. X-and Y-chromosomes B. homologous chromosomes C. X- chromosomes D. Y- chromosome.
49. In a Mendelian cross of red and white varieties of the four o’clock plant, the Fgeneration expresses incomplete dominance by having flowers which are
A. multicoloured B. pink C. red D. white
50. Insects are considered the most successful among the Invertebrates because they
A. survive in various environmental conditions B. possess the ability to change their forms C. possess exoskeletons D. have wing for flight.
How to Pass JAMB 2020 Biology Questions
- Get prepared for the Exam using JAMB Biology syllabus and recommended textbooks
- Pray always for the forthcoming exams
- Be punctual to the exam venue
- Follow the instruction given in the exams
- Believe in yourself
Your 2020/2021 JAMB Questions and Answers on Biology is right here…