Buy & Sell at Marketplace Facebook: Just from the implication of the its name, Facebook Marketplace is a buying/selling medium incorporated into the Facebook app, to enable users buy and sell items at will no services charges whatsoever.
This service offers a lot of perks. For one, it brings certain items within the reach of buyers, which normally would be unaccessible. One little issue which seems to be nitpicking though, is that this service is only accessible if you use the Facebook app. This means, if you sign in to your account via the Facebook site, you won’t be able to use this service.
Facebook already stands out from other social media sites due to a plethora of features it offers. But this – Marketplace, blows other sites out of the water. Facebook would be the first and only social site to incorporate this into their app.
How the Facebook Marketplace works
The Marketplace is designed such that buyers and sellers within a particular locale can do business with each other. This way, one doesn’t have to do much to get buyers. Now, that’s how well organised the Facebook Marketplace is.
If you intend to sell and item, you are required to give details on the item so prospective buyers can get a run down of what you’re offering.
When a buyer visits and shows interest on your item, you will be notified. From there on out, whether the buyer buys the item or not depends on your negotiation.
How to Find the Marketplace Service
- Sign in to your account using the Facebook app.
- Tap on the “Shop-looking” icon on your News feed.
- If you intend to sell an item, tap on the “Sell Something” button and then tap on “Item for Sale“.
- Enter the required details about the item and place it under the appropriate category.
Now, your work is done. You just have to wait to get notified when a prospective buyer indicates interest in your item.
Facebook Marketplace Rules
The Facebook Marketplace rules are:
1. Non-Physical Items
Non-physical items are not allowed to be sold on the Facebook Marketplace. These items include:
- “in search of” posts,
- lost and found posts
- jokes, and news
2. Sales of Certain items are not allowed.
Facebook outlines certain items that cannot be sold on the Marketplace. These items include:
- Healthcare items (thermometers, first-aid kits, etc.).
- Illegal, prescription or recreational drugs.
- Tobacco products or tobacco paraphernalia.
- Adult products or services.
- Digital media and electronic devices.
- Event tickets.
- Gift Cards.
- Unsafe supplements.
- Weapons, ammunition, or explosives
3. Description Must Match with Photo
Facebook does not allow the sale of item or items that do not match with the description and title of the listing item on the Marketplace. For example, a photo showing weight loss.
How to stay safe on the Facebook Marketplace
Here are some tips that will help you stay safe on the Facebook Marketplace:
1. Protect your privacy: Always protect your privacy. Never share your financial informationlike PayPal login and password, bank account info, with buyers or sellers. If you’re selling electronics, make sure you’ve cleared any personal information from the device.
2. Meet in a safe location: Choose a public place to meet with the person you want to buy or sell from.
3. Verify the item in person: Verify the item you want to buy and be sure it is what you want before making payment for it. For high-value items (example: watches, luxury bags), you can request a certificate of authenticity or proof of purchase.
4. Use cash or person-to-person payment methods: Buyers and sellers should offer or accept cash or person-to-person payments available in Facebook Messenger or PayPal.
5. Watch out for counterfeit items: Review any items before buying to make sure that they’re genuine.
6. Be careful of too good to be true deals: Be careful of deals that seem too good to be true. Scammers may try to use underpriced items to lure buyers into a scam.
- How to Change Facebook Password Without Waste of Time
- How Do I Download My Instagram Photos
- Send Friend Request on Facebook
- How to Save Facebook Videos to Phone
- See Deleted Facebook Messages
- Log Out Facebook Account
- Shortest Way to Change Password on Facebook
- Download Instagram on Android
- How Do I Connect Your Instagram To Facebook
- How do I Permanently Delete My Facebook
- How can I mark an item as sold on Facebook Marketplace?
- How To Uncover Hidden Messages on Facebook
- How to Search Facebook Friends By Phone Number
- How to Synchronize Facebook Contacts on Android
- Pay Money to Friends Through Facebook
- How to Sign In To Facebook For Free
- View Your Pokes On Facebook
- How to Change Facebook Password
- How to Make Your Facebook Profile Completely Private
- Close Or Delete My Account Permanently Right Now
- Steps On How To Send Pokes On Facebook
- How Do I Send Pokes to My Facebook Friends