Facebook notification Settings – Are you tired of the frequent notifications that flood your desktop screen, Android device, or smartphone? These notifications can come from either Facebook social platform or any other social media networks.
Facebook notifications are updates about activities that occur on Facebook, it can be status updates, photo updates, events updates, etc.
It is very necessary for every Facebook user to turn on his or her Facebook notification because it helps to keep Facebook users updated with the latest trends. It also helps to notify Facebook users of their events, time, date and location of the event.
How to Check Out Your Facebook Notifications
At the top right of your Facebook homepage, you are going to see three major icons which are:
- Friend Request Icon
- Facebook Messenger Icon
- Facebook Notification Icon
Anytime you get notified about anything, you are going to see a red bubble appearing on any of these icons. The red bubble will include the number of notifications you received.
The Facebook Notification icon particular can appear differently depending on whether you are using the Facebook App for mobile or you visit Facebook on your desktop. On a desktop, the icon appears as a globe while on mobile it appears as a bell.
The Message Notification icon shows users messages sent to them from friends and groups while the Notification icon in form of a human shadow is to notify you on recent friend requests sent to you from other Facebook users.
Hovering your cursor around any of these icons tells you what it is before you even click on it. Clicking on it unveils all the notifications in detail.
How to View Your Facebook Notifications
Facebook sends every notification of activity that involves them directly such as comments involving or concerning you, group activity, liked pages or even tags.
And you can only view your Facebook notifications by being an active Facebook user. Firstly you have to create a Facebook account. To create a Facebook account, visit the official Facebook website atwww.facebook.com.
After creating a Facebook account you will therefore have to log in to your Facebook account, opening the notifications menu, and selecting individual notifications or viewing the entire archive.
Follow these steps in order to view your Facebook notifications regardless of any platform you are using being it mobile or desktop.
After successfully creating a Facebook account, download and open the Facebook app.
- Log into your account on the Facebook app by entering your email or phone number and password.
- Tap the log in tab to continue.
- Tap the globe icon located at the top of the Facebook page close to the human icon representing friend request.
- Your notifications history will show, tap on anyone you would love to view.
Guidelines for Desktop
- Log in to your Facebook account via your desktops web browser
- Fill in your email address or phone number and password into the corresponding fields. Click on login to complete the process.
on your Facebook page click on the globe icon which will open a drop-down list of recent notifications.
- Click see all found at the bottom of the notifications drop-down, and by clicking this it will bring you to a list of notifications that Facebook has saved for you.
Adjusting Facebook notification settings | Turn on notifications | Turn on notifications
Here are the few steps you need to adjust your Facebook notification settings, make sure you follow them step by step without making a mistake.
- Log into your Facebook account with your details.
- Click the Account menu at the top of the page.
- Select Account settings.
- Click on notifications bar at the top of the account settings page.
You will see a large page of notifications with two boxes beside them. The first box signifies “turn on” notifications while the other denotes “turn off” notifications.
- Choose the option you want.
- Click the button labelled “save changes”.
When you click on save changes, your notifications has been changed automatically.
Remember turning on your notifications setting means you will get a notification about an update anytime. While turning off notifications means you won’t get a notification concerning any updates.
- Stop Facebook notifications
- Facebook live notifications
- Facebook notification app
- Facebook settings
- Facebook notifications android
- Notification settings
- Chrome Facebook notifications
Thanks for checking out our post on Facebook notification settings | How do I change my notification settings on Facebook. I hope you learned something. Please do come back again.
- How to Change Facebook Password Without Waste of Time
- How Do I Download My Instagram Photos
- Send Friend Request on Facebook
- How to Save Facebook Videos to Phone
- See Deleted Facebook Messages
- Log Out Facebook Account
- Shortest Way to Change Password on Facebook
- Download Instagram on Android
- How Do I Connect Your Instagram To Facebook
- How do I Permanently Delete My Facebook
- How can I mark an item as sold on Facebook Marketplace?
- How To Uncover Hidden Messages on Facebook
- How to Search Facebook Friends By Phone Number
- How to Synchronize Facebook Contacts on Android
- Pay Money to Friends Through Facebook
- How to Sign In To Facebook For Free