Welcome to our article on How do I choose what I get notifications about on Facebook?
Facebook (“FB” for short) is a social
utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them.
Facebook is the largest social networking service on the internet with over 1.4 billion active users.
This article is providing answers to questions that Facebook users are
having with their account. In today’s Q&A, a Facebook user wants to know how she can choose what
she would get notifications about on Facebook.
Read: How to Reactivate Facebook Account
Well, if you’re among the over 1.4 billion Facebook users and also looking for a guide on how you can choose what you get notifications about on Facebook, this guide will help you straight up.
How do I choose what I get notifications about on Facebook?
Facebook has a feature that enables its users to choose what notifications they get. With that feature, Facebook users though can’t turn off notifications entirely can choose what they are notified about and how they are notified.
Here, we’ll show you how you can adjust your Facebook notifications settings
so that only information that is relevant to you is what you’ll be notified about
Let’s get started with the steps.
To control the type of notifications you get from Facebook, follow ourhelpful tips below.
1. Log in to your account on Facebook. If you don’t have a Facebook account but want to get one, you can click here for our comprehensive guide on how to ceate an awesome Facebook account with ease.
2. Click the small triangular-shaped icon at the top right-hand corner of your Facebook homepage
3. From the drop-down, click settings
4. On the new page that displays, navigate to the left-hand column and select notifications
5. Finally, click to adjust how you get notifications and what you get notified about.
That is it.
Still need more?
If yes, then, here is our bonus for you.
How to choose which notifications you want to get as text messages (SMS) on Facebook?
Just like how to choose what you get notifications about which we outlined above, as a Facebook user, you can also choose which notifications you get as text messages (SMS).
To able to achieve that, you’ve to learn how to edit your notifications settings. See how to below;
To edit your notifications settings, do the following;
1. Log in to your Facebook account
2. Click the triangular-shaped icon at the top right-hand corner of your facebook homepage.
3. Click settings from the drop-down
4. Next, click on notifications at the left-hand column of the page that appears
5. Finally, select text messages
How to restricts Facebook texts from sending you alert
Interestingly, Facebook users can control the kind of messages or notifications which Facebook texts
can send them from Facebook.
To do that, you’ve to learn how to restricts Facebook texts. To restrict Facebook texts from sending you alerts during certain hours or set a limit on how many texts you get from Facebook, do the following;
1. Log in to your Facebook account
2. Click the triangular-shaped icon at the top right-hand corner of your facebook homepage and then select settings from the drop-down menu.
3. Next, click Mobile at the left-hand column of the page that appears
4. Finally, from the new page that displays, you can choose if you want to receive texts:
– When someone comments on your status updates and posts
– When you get a friend request
– All other notifications
How to Change Facebook Password Without Waste of Time
How Do I Download My Instagram Photos
Send Friend Request on Facebook
How to Save Facebook Videos to Phone
Shortest Way to Change Password on Facebook
How Do I Connect Your Instagram To Facebook
How do I Permanently Delete My Facebook
How can I mark an item as sold on Facebook Marketplace?
How To Uncover Hidden Messages on Facebook
How to Search Facebook Friends By Phone Number
How to Synchronize Facebook Contacts on Android
Pay Money to Friends Through Facebook
How to Sign In To Facebook For Free
How to Change Facebook Password
How to Make Your Facebook Profile Completely Private
Close Or Delete My Account Permanently Right Now
Steps On How To Send Pokes On Facebook
How Do I Send Pokes to My Facebook Friends
Join Marketplace Facebook – Join Marketplace Buy and Sell | FB Marketplace