Facebook has a feature that lets you create a list to organize your friends on Facebook. With the list, you can get notifications from Facebook whenever your friends published something on Facebook.
According to the Facebook Help Center, using a list, you can filter the stories you see in your News Feed or post an update for specific people, like your coworkers or friends who live near you.
In this post, we’ve taken the time to outline the steps you need to follow to create a list to organizeyour friends on Facebook.
Read: Create Page on Facebook
You’ll also see how to view your smart list and what it’s all about.
How to create a list to organize friends on Facebook
To create a list to organize friends on Facebook, do this;
1. Log in to your Facebook account
2. Go to the left column of your Facebook homepage and click friend lists
3. Next, click create
4. You can delete your friends from the list at any given time.
How to add or remove friends from a list
To add friends to a custom list or smart list:
1. Click Friend Lists under Explore on the left side of your News Feed
2. Click the name of the list you want to edit
3. Click Manage List > Edit List
4. Click On This List > Friends
5. Search for friends, then click on their name to add them to the list
6. Click Finish
To remove someone you’re friends with from a list:
1. Click Manage List > Edit List
2. Click on a friend’s name to remove them from the list
3. Click Finish.
How friends are added to your smart lists on Facebook
Smart lists are automatically created and stay up-to-date based on profile information you and yourfriends have in common (ex: work, school, family, city). Smart lists use the information you’ve addedto the Education and Work and Current City sections of your profile.
A typical example is if you list San Francisco as your current city, you’ll have a list with all of yourfriends who also list San Francisco as their current city. Smart lists update for you based on what yourfriends put on their profiles. However, you can edit your smart list on Facebook.
How to edit smart list on Facebook
To edit your smart list on Facebook, do the following;
1. Click Friend Lists under Explore on the left side of your News Feed.
2. Click the name of the smart list you want to edit (example: Chicago, Illinois Area, University of Southern California).
3. Click Manage List in the top-right corner, and select an option.
Note that you can edit a smart list on Facebook to initiate the following:
– Rename it
– Add or remove friends
– Archive it
– Increase the radius for location-based smart lists