For those asking themselves why there’s a need to view their profile on Facebook as someone else when you can just view it as yourself (i mean, you own the thing), here’s the difference…
First, let me ask you this; do you think mirrors are important? Viewing your account is like looking at yourself through a mirror rather than down your nose (viewing your profile as yourself). Which is more efficient?
Viewing Your Facebook Profile As Someone Else
The procedure is broken down into steps to ensure clarity and comprehension with ease.
Step One: Go To Settings
To do this;
- Click the downward facing arrow on the top right corner.
- Select Settings from the drop down menu.
Step Two: Select Timeline and Tagging
A list of options pop up on completing the last task of step one.
- Select Timeline and Tagging.
This will take you to a page where there are various subsections.
- Click View As under the “Who can see things on my Timeline” subsection.
Facebook will then take you to your Facebook page which people who aren’t friends with you will see on viewing your profile.
Step Three: View As Specific Person
This option allows you to choose a particular friend and view your profile as that friend would. Amazing yeah? To do this, follow the steps below.
- Click View As Specific Person on the black tap on the top of your profile.
- Type in the person’s name whom you want to view your profile as.
And thats about everything you have to do to view your Facebook profile as someone else.