The Joint Admission Matriculation Board, JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Literature in English 2022/2023 are provided here. One of the most important resource materials a UTME candidate will need for Literature in English is the recommended textbooks.
With this in mind, you need to know the Literature in English textbooks, novels, prose, drama, etc that JAMB encourages students to study in preparation for their Unified Tertiary and Matriculation Examination.
On your journey to preparing for your UTME, you might come across a lot of Literature in English textbooks. You should keep an open mind that some textbooks for Literature in English have some significant qualities that the others do not have and that is why they are recommended by JAMB to be the best
One of the problems JAMB candidates face in Literature relates to knowing the right textbooks to read. This problem has been solved in this article because here you will find only the textbooks that JAMB recommends for the UTME exams.
- JAMB Approved CBT Centres in Nigeria (all States)
- JAMB Mock Examination Date
- JAMB Reprinting Slip Date
- JAMB Recommended Novel & Summary
- JAMB Mock Result
- JAMB Efacility Portal
- JAMB Syllabus for all Subjects
Literature in English Recommended Textbooks for JAMB 2022
The key to passing Literature in English in UTME is to understand that there are important textbooks and Literature in English syllabus you can study for a productive JAMB result.
One Literature in English textbook may differ from the other in terms of methodology in the write up, well-defined Literature in English terms, quality Literature in English JAMB questions that one can use as a study guide in preparation for the UTME exam:
- Frank Ogodo Ogbeche : Harvest of Corruption
- Non African:
- William Shakespeare : Othello
- Amma Darko : Faceless
- Richard Wright : Native Son
- Birago Diop : Vanity
- Gbemisola Adeoti : Ambush
- Gabriel Okara : Piano and Drums
- Gbanabam Hallowell : The Dining Table
- Lenrie Peter : The Panic of Growing Older
- Kofi Awoonor : The Anvil and the Hammer
- Non African:
- Alfred Tennyson : Crossing the Bar
- George Herbert : The Pulley
- William Blake : The School Boy
- William Morris : The Proud King
- Gbemisola, A. (2005) Naked Soles, Ibadan: Kraft
- Hayward, J. (ed.) (1968) The Penguin Book of English Verse, London Penguin
- Johnson, R. et al (eds.) (1996) New Poetry from Africa, Ibadan: UP Plc
- Kermode, F. et al (1964) Oxford Anthology of English Literature, Vol. II, London: OUP
- Nwoga D. (ed.) (1967) West African Verse, London: Longman
- Parker, E.W. (ed.) (1980) A Pageant of Longer Poems London: Longman
- Senanu, K. E. and Vincent, T. (eds.) (1993) A Selection of African Poetry, Lagos: Longman
- Soyinka, W. (ed.) (1987) Poems of Black Africa, Ibadan: Heinemann
- Abrams, M. H. (1981) A Glossary of Literary Terms, (4th Edition) New York, Holt Rinehalt and Winston
- Emeaba, O. E. (1982) A Dictionary of Literature, Aba: Inteks Press
- Murphy, M. J. (1972) Understanding Unseen, An Introduction to English Poetry and English Novel for Overseas Students, George Allen and
- Unwin Ltd. Jerry A. (2018) Sorters and Sortees Ibadan, Kraftgriots.
- Jerry A. (2018) Specks In Our Eyes Ibadan, Kraftgriots.
Other Literature Books/Novels JAMB Recommends
As we have seen the Literature in English textbooks needed for UTME, some other Literature in English books are also essential
Test the following books alongside the JAMB approved textbooks for Literature in English and you will see that you won’t be disappointed
- JAMB Literature in English Questions and Answers (Q$A)
- Literature in English key points
That is all about the books. If you find this article on recommended JAMB textbooks for Literature in English useful, do well to share.