“What are JAMB recommended textbooks for Music?” If that sounds like the question you have been asking, there is good news. Discover the textbooks you will need to write Music in your next Joint Admission and Matriculation Board exam as this article answers your questions and many others on Music textbooks for JAMB.
Many JAMB aspirants encounter hitches with Music because they do not know what textbooks are required of them to study in order to successfully write and pass their UTME exams with the best JAMB score
It is not enough to just get acquainted with these Music recommended textbooks for the UTME exam, one other important criteria for performing well in JAMB aside its relevant textbooks is knowing Music syllabus that has been approved by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board.
- JAMB Approved CBT Centres in Nigeria (all States)
- JAMB Mock Examination Date
- JAMB Reprinting Slip Date
- JAMB Recommended Novel & Summary
- JAMB Mock Result
- JAMB Efacility Portal
- JAMB Syllabus for all Subjects
JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Music 2023
There are many classic and updated Music textbooks that you can use to study for the Unified Tertiary and Matriculation Examination but take a look at the under-listed ones below that are highly recommended for students who wish to study for JAMB:
- Akpabot, S. E. (1986) Foundation of Nigerian Traditional Music, Ibadan: Spectrum.
- Associated Board of the Royal School of Music (1958) Rudiments and Theory of Music, London.
- Cole, W. (1969) The Form of Music, London: The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music.
- Echezona, W. W. C. (1981) Nigerian Musical Instruments, Enugu: Apollo Publishing Ltd.
- Ekwueme, L. (1993) Choir Training and Choral Conducting for Africans, Lagos: Lenaus Advertising and Publishing Company.
- Holst, I. (1963) An ABC of Music, Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Hosier, (1961) Instruments of the Orchestra Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Hunt, R. (1960) Elements of Music.
- Inanga, A. (1993) Music for Secondary Schools Vols. I and II, Ibadan: Spectrum.
- Kamien, R. (1990) Music: An Appreciation, London: McGraw – Hill Publishing Company.
- Kennedy, M. (1985) The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Music, (Third Edition), London: Oxford University Press.
- Kitson, C. H. (1978) Elementary Harmony Book 2, London: Oxford University Press.
- Kofoworola, Z. O. And Lateef, Y. (1987) Hausa performing Arts and Music, Lagos: Nigeria Magazine.
- Lovelock, W. (1953) A Concise History of Music, London: Bell and Hyman.
- Lovelock, W. (1996) The Rudiments of Music, London. G. Bell and sons Limited.
- Machlis, J. (1977) The Enjoyment of Music, New York: W. W. Norton.
- Mensah, A. A. (Undated) Folksongs for Schools, Accra.
- Morris, R. O. (1974) The Oxford Harmony, Vol. I, London: Oxford University Press.
- Nketia, J. H. (1974) African Music, New York: W. W. Norton Company.
- Palmer, K. (1965) Teach Yourself Music, London: The English University Press Limited.
- Reed, H. O. (1954) Basic Music: A Basic Theory Text, New York: 19, N. Y. Mills Music Inc.
- Taylor, E. (1989) The Guide to Music Theory, London: The Associated Board of The Royal Schools of Music.
- Warburton, A. O. (1955) Graded Music Course for Schools, Books I – III, London: Longman
Other Recommended Music Books for JAMB
Students who wish to write the Unified Tertiary and Matriculation Examination might ask if there are other reliable and relevant Music books they could study aside from the JAMB recommended textbooks
You can add the following to the above-listed UTME textbooks for Music;
- JAMB Music Questions and Answers (Q$A)
- Music key points
You can use the Music textbooks for JAMB as a guide either for your own study or as a group.