In preparation for the Joint Admission Matriculation Board, JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Use of English 2022/2023. One of the most important resource materials a UTME candidate will need for the English Language is the recommended textbooks.
With this in mind, you need to know the Use of English textbooks that JAMB encourages students to study in preparation for their Unified Tertiary and Matriculation Examination.
On your journey to preparing for your UTME, you might come across a lot of Use of English textbooks. You should keep an open mind that some textbooks for Use of English have some significant qualities that the others do not have and that is why they are recommended by JAMB to be the best
One of the problems JAMB candidates face in Use of English relates to knowing the right textbooks to read. This problem has been solved in this article because here you will find only the textbooks that JAMB recommends for the UTME exams.
- JAMB Approved CBT Centres in Nigeria (all States)
- JAMB Mock Examination Date
- JAMB Reprinting Slip Date
- JAMB Recommended Novel & Summary
- JAMB Mock Result
- JAMB Efacility Portal
- JAMB Syllabus for all Subjects
Use of English Recommended Textbooks for JAMB 2022
The key to passing Use of English language in UTME is to understand that there are important textbooks and Use of English syllabus you can study for a productive JAMB result.
One Use of English textbook may differ from the other in terms of methodology in the write up, well-defined Use of English terms, quality Use of English JAMB questions that one can use as a study guide in preparation for the UTME exam:
- Attah, M. O. (2013) Practice in Spoken English for Intermediate and Advanced Learners, Maiduguri: University of Maiduguri Press
- Bamgbose, A. (2002) English Lexis and Structure for Senior Secondary Schools and colleges (Revised Edition), Ibadan: Heinemann
- Banjo, A. et al (2004) New Oxford Secondary English Course Book Six for Senior Secondary Schools, Ibadan: UP Plc.
- Caesar, O. J. (2003) Essential Oral English for Schools and Colleges, Lagos: Tonad Publishers Limited
- Daniel Jones (2011) Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Egbe, D. I (1996) Mastering English Usage and Communication Skills, Lagos: Tisons
- Elugbe, B. (2000) Oral English for Schools and Colleges, Ibadan: Heinemann
- Grant, N. J. H, Nnamonu, S. Jowitt, D. (1998) Senior English Project 3, (New Edition) Harlow: Longman
- Idowu, O. O, Sogbeson, T. S, Adofo, A. K. Burgess, D. F and Burgess, L. J. (1998) Round-up English: A Complete Guide, Lagos: Longman
- Idris, U. (2001) Oral English at Your Fingertips for Schools and Colleges, Lagos, M. Youngbrain Publishers
- Igiligi, E. C. and Ogenyi, S. O. (2010)Grammar and Composition in the G.S.M. Age, Enugu: Joe Hills Production Services
- Jauro, L. B. (2013) Oral English for Schools and Colleges: A teaching and Learning Approach, Yola: Paraclete Publishers.
- Nnamonu, S. and Jowitt, D. (1989) Common Errors in English, Lagos: Longman
- Ogunsanwo, O. Duruaku, A. B.C, Ezechukwu, J and Nwachukwu, U. I (2005) Countdown English Language, (Revised Edition), Ibadan: Evans
- Olatoye, S. (2006) The Silent Teacher, Ado-Ekiti: Segun and Sons Enterprises
- Oluikpe, B. O. A, nnaemeka, B. A, Obah, T. Y, Otagburuagu, E. J. Onuigbo, S. and Ogbonna, E. A. (1998) Intensive English for Senior Secondary School 3, Onitsha: Africana – FIRST Publisher.
- Tomori, S. H. O (2000) Objective Tests for School Certificate english: Practice in Lexis, Structure and idiom (Reprinted Edition), Ibadan: Heinemann
- Ukwuegbu, C, Okoro, O., Idris, A. U., Okebukola, F. O. and Owokade, C. O. (2002) Catch-up English for SSCE/UME, Ibadan: Heinemann
Other English language books JAMB Recommends
As we have seen the Use of English textbooks needed for UTME, some other Use of English books are also essential
Test the following books alongside the JAMB approved textbooks for Use of English language and you will see that you won’t be disappointed
- JAMB Use of English Questions and Answers (Q$A)
- Use of English key points
If you find this article on recommended JAMB textbooks for Use of English useful, do well to share.