JAMB Syllabus For Biology 2022/2023 PDF download is made available online for interested candidates in Biology syllabus for JAMB. Do you want to Download the current biology Syllabus? Get free Syllabus for Biology JAMB CBT Exams with hot topics.
In this article, we are going to provide candidates searching for the latest JAMB Biology syllabus and recommended textbooks the latest, and how to use it on any device. You have the hot topics and area of concentration on JAMB Biology to help you score high.
In addition to downloading the syllabus from www.jamb.org.ng, we will equally guide you on how to prepare for the Biology CBT Examination, all you need to do is to stay glued to this page for the necessary instructions.
- JAMB Syllabus For Mathematics – Download PDF Now.
- JAMB Syllabus For Literature in English- Download PDF Now.
- JAMB Syllabus For Use of English – Download PDF Now
- JAMB Physics Syllabus
JAMB Biology Syllabus 2022 Ultimate Guide
Note: Jamb Syllabus is an essential part of Preparing for the Examination. If you do not have the current syllabus and Recommended textbooks, You have less chance of passing very well.
The following are used in searching for JAMB Syllabus
- JAMB Syllabus For Biology
- JAMB 2022 Biology Syllabus PDF Download
- 2022 JAMB Syllabus for Biology
Biology Syllabus 2022 for JAMB
The JAMb syllabus you are looking for is available also in PDF Format Follow the link here to download the syllabus. Ensure that your network is good enough.
How to Download Biology Syllabus
It is very important to have a PDF Form of the current JAMB Syllabus. This will help candidates to have easy access to the Syllabus any time they feel like without coming online.
To download the JAMB Syllabus Follow the link below.
Link to Download Syllabus
Concise Biology JAMB Syllabus
A: VARIETY OF ORGANISMS
- Living organisms:
- Cell structure and functions of cell Components
- Level of organization
- Evolution among the following:
- Monera (prokaryotes), e.g. bacteria and blue green algae.
- Protista (protozoans and protophyta),
e.g. Amoeba, Euglena and Paramecium
- Fungi, e.g. mushroom and Rhizopus.
- Plantae (plants)
- Animalia (animals)
3.a Structural/functional and behavioural adaptations of organisms.
- adaptive colouration and its functions
- Behavioural adaptations in social animals
- Structural adaptations in organisms.
B: FORM AND FUNCTIONS
- Internal structure of a flowering plant
- Internal structure of a mammal
- Modes of nutrition
- Types of Nutrition
- Plant nutrition
- Animal nutrition
- Need for transportation
- Materials for transportation. (Excretory products, gases, manufactured food, digested food, nutrient, water and hormones)
- Channels for transportation
- Media and processes of mechanism for transportation.
- Respiratory organs and surfaces
- The mechanism of gaseous exchange in:
- Aerobic respiration
- Anaerobic respiration
- Types of excretory structures: contractile vacuole, flamecell, nephridium, Malpighian tubule, kidney, stoma and lenticel.
- Excretory mechanisms:
- Excretory products of plants
- Support and movement
- Tropic, tactic, nastic and sleep movements in plants
- supporting tissues in animals
- Types and functions of the skeleton
- A sexual reproduction.
- sexual reproduction in flowering plants
- Reproduction in mammals
- meaning of growth
- Germination of seeds and condition necessary for germination of seeds.
- Co-ordination and control
- Nervous coordination:
- The sense organs
- Hormonal control
- Factors affecting the distribution of Organisms
- Symbiotic interactions of plants and animals
(a) Energy flow in the ecosystem: food chains, food webs and trophic levels
(b) Nutrient cycling in nature
- Natural Habitats
(a) Aquatic (e.g. ponds, streams, lakes seashores and mangrove swamps)
(b) Terrestrial/arboreal (e.g. tree-tops of oil palm, abandoned farmland or a dry grassy (savanna) field, and burrow or hole.
- Local (Nigerian Biomes)
- Tropical rainforest
- Guinea savanna (southern and northern)
- Sudan Savanna
- Highlands of montane forests and grasslands of the Obudu, Jos, Mambilla Plateau.
- The Ecology of Populations:
(a) Population density and overcrowding.
(b) Adaptation for survival
(c) Factors affecting population sizes:
(d) Ecological succession
- a) (i) characteristics of different types of soil (sandy, loamy, clayey)
- Renewal and maintenance of soil fertility
- Humans and Environment
- Pollution and its control
(c) Conservation of Natural Resources
(d) Game reserves and National parks
D: HEREDITY AND VARIATIONS
(I) Variation In Population
- Morphological variations in the physical appearance of individuals.
- Physiological variation
- Application of discontinuous
- ii) use discontinuous variation in crime detection.
- a) Inheritance of characters in organisms;
- i) Heritable and non-heritable characters.
- b) Chromosomes – the basis of heredity;
(ii) Process of transmission of hereditary characters from parents to offspring.
- c) Probability in genetics and sex determination.
- a) Application of the principles of heredity in:
- i) Agriculture
- Sex – linked characters e.g. baldness, haemophilia, colour blindness, etc.
- Theories of evolution
- a) Lamarck’s theory
- b) Darwin’s theory
- c) organic theory
- Evidence of evolution
How To Pass JAMB with Syllabus 2022/2023
- Manage your time
- Adhere to Examination instruction.
- Do not Neglect your Strength
- Use JAMB Past Questions
Many students do not care about the instruction given in the examination. This is very bad because the instructions guide you in answering of the questions. The majority of candidates who fail or have their
I hope you are well guided on JAMB Syllabus For Biology 2022/2023 – Download PDF Now. If you have any questions, use the comment section here, we will get to you shortly.