JAMB Syllabus For Chemistry 2022/2023 PDF with are of concentration is made available online for interested candidates. Get the Latest Chemistry JAMB Syllabus and Recommended textbooks released by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB for CBT Exams. see more on JAMB syllabus for Chemistry below.
In this article, we are going to guide candidates searching for the JAMB Chemistry syllabus on how to download it into any device and hot topics to focus on Chemistry.
In addition to downloading the Chemistry syllabus, we will equally guide you on how to prepare for the JAMB CBT Examination, all you need to do is to stay glued to this page for the necessary instructions from www.jamb.org.ng.
- JAMB Syllabus For Use of English – Download PDF Now
- JAMB Syllabus For Government – Download PDF Now
- JAMB Physics Syllabus
JAMB Chemistry Syllabus 2022 Ultimate Guide
Note: Jamb Syllabus is an essential part of Preparing for the Examination. If you do not have the current syllabus, You have less chance of passing very well.
The following are used for JAMB Syllabus
- Chemistry JAMB Syllabus PDF
- JAMB 2022 Chemistry Syllabus PDF Download
- 2022 JAMB Syllabus for Chemistry
The JAMb syllabus you are looking for is available in PDF Format Follow the link below to download the syllabus.
Ensures that you have a good network to load the file and there should be enough space in your device.
How to Download Chemistry Syllabus for JAMB
It is very important to have a PDF Form of the current JAMB Syllabus. This will help candidates to have easy access to the Syllabus any time they feel like without coming online.
To download the JAMB Chemistry Syllabus Follow the link below.
Link to Download Syllabus
Summary of JAMB Chemistry Syllabus
Jamb chemistry syllablesThis syllables contains both the topic,content and recommended books.
1.SEPERATION OF MIXTURE AND PURIFICATION OF CHEMICAL SUBSTANCE:
Pure and impure substance, boiling and melting point, elements, compound and mixture, chemical and physical change and separation techniques.
2.CHEMICAL COMBINATION: stoichiometry,laws of definite and multiple proportion, law of conservation of matter, Gay lussac’s law of combining volumes, Avogadro’s law.
3.KINETIC THEORY OF MATTER AND GAS LAWS:
Kinetic theory of matter, melting and boiling, vaporization, freezing and condensation; the laws of Boyle,Charles,Graham and Dalton,Idealgas equation, relationship between vapour density of gases and the relative molecular mass.
4. ATOMIC STRUCTURE AND BONDING:
The concepts of atoms, molecules and ion’s,the work of Dalton,millucan,Rutherford, Moseley, Thompson and Bohr ;Atomic structure, electron configuration, atomic number, mass number and isotopes, periodic table,chemical bonding, shapes of simple molecule, Nuclear chemistry:-radioactivity and nuclear reaction.
5. AIR AND ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION:
The natural gaseous constitutes and their proportion in the air,air as a mixture and some uses of noble gas;types of pollution and there sources and effect of pollutants.
concept of water, water as a solvent, atmospheric gasses dissolved in water, types of water, treatment of water, water of crystallization, efflorescence, deliquescence and hygroscopic.
7. SOLUBILITY:unsaturated,saturated and supersaturated solution from them with simple calculation; solvent for fat,oil and paints and there uses for the removal of stains; false solution (suspension and colliods).
8. ACIDS, BASES, AND SALTS:
General characteristic and properties of acid,base and salt,qualitative comparison of the conductance and amount of ions present,pH and poH scale; simple calculation; acid/base titration; hydrolysis of salt.
9. OXIDATION AND REDUCTION:
Addition of oxygen and hydrogen with terms of oxidation; removal of oxygen or hydrogen in terms of reduction; oxidation and reduction in terms of electron transfer, use of oxidation numbers, IUPAC nomenclature inorganic compound; test for oxidizing and reducing agent.
Electrolytes and non-electrolytes; uses of electrolysis, electrochemical cells, ways of preventing corrosion, ionic theory and factor affecting it’s discharge; electrolytes of dilute, concentrated solution and fused.
11. ENERGY CHANGES AND RATE OF CHEMICAL:
Physical and chemical changes, Entropy as an order – disorder phenomenon; spontaneity of reactions; Elementary treatment of the following factors which can change the rate of chemical reaction:-Temperature, concentration, surface area, catalyst;Reduction rate curves; Activation energy
12. CHEMICAL EQUILIBRIA:Reversible reactions and factors governing the equilibrium position, No calculation required, Dynamic equilibrium is chatelier’s principle and equilibrium constant, example involved with steam and iron.
13. METALS, NON-METALS AND THERE COMPOUNDS:
The general properties of metals:-alkali metals, sodium hydroxide,sodium chloride, alkaline-earth metals,Aluminum, tin,iron,copper, Alloy,metals of first transition series and sodium trioxocarbonate (iv); Non – metals such as hydrogen, halogen, oxygen and sulphur, nitrogen, carbon.
14. ORGANIC COMPOUNDS:An introduction to the tetra valence of carbon,the general formula,IUPAC nomenclature and the determination of empirical formula of each class of the organic compounds mentioned below:-Aliphatic hydrocarbon, Aromatic hydrocarbon, Alkanola,Alkanals and Alkanones,Alkanoic acids,Alkanoates,Amines,carbohydrate, polymers.
14. CHEMISTRY AND INDUSTRY:
Chemical industries:-types ,raw materials and relevancies; Biotechnology.
Chemistry Recommended Textbook for JAMB
1. New school chemistry for Senior secondary school,Ababio,O. Y .(2009), Fourth edition, Onitsha: Africana FIRST publishers limited.
2.Senior secondary chemistry, Bajah,S.T;Teibo,B.O Onwu,G; and Obikere, A. Book (1999), Books 2 and 3 (2000) .Lagos. Longman.
3.understanding chemistry for schools and colleges, Ojokuku,G.O.(2012,Revised edition), Zaria: press- on chemresources.
4. Essential chemistry for Senior secondary schools, (2008) 2nd edition I.A. Odesina,Lagos:Tonad publishers limited.
5. Count down to WASSCE/SSCE,NECO,JME CHEMISTRY, uche I .O ; Adenuga,I. J and Iwuagwu, S.L(2003) Ibadan: Evans.
How To Pass JAMB with Syllabus 2022/2023
- Manage your time
- Adhere to Examination instruction.
- Do not Neglect your Strength
- Use JAMB Past Questions
I hope at this point we have been able to communicate to you the essential points concerning JAMB Chemistry Syllabus 2022
- JAMB Syllabus For Mathematics – Download PDF Now.
- JAMB Syllabus For CRS – Download PDF Now.