The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship is open to all interested applicants who wants to pursue a master’s degree in Netherland. This Leiden scholarship provides an average amount of € 15,000 annually to all international students who apply for the 2022/2023 Leiden University scholarship.
You can study in Netherland with the Leiden University Excellence Scholarship all for free because it is a fully Funded scholarship award for international outstanding students.
The scholarship will be hosted by one of the top universities in Netherland, the University of Leiden with the motto, Praesidium Libertatis’ – Bastion of Freedom.
The University of Leiden is offering a Master’s international scholarship for foreign students in Netherland who wants to enroll for a professional degree. You can find the eligiblity for applying for the Leiden scholarship, the scholarship coverage and the steps required for application.
- Scholarships for international students
- DAAD Scholarship Program
- Canadian Scholarship for international students
- Utrecht Excellence Scholarships Fully Funded for International Students
Available programs for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarship 2022
There are several programs offered in the University of Leiden under the following Faculties:
- Law, Social and Behavioral Sciences Governance and Global Affairs
- Interfacultair Centrum voor Lerarenopleiding
- Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON)
- African Studies Centre
- International Institute for Asian Studies
Duration for the Master’s scholarship in the University of Leiden 2022
The schedule for the 2022/2023 Leiden University Excellence Scholarship is 12 months for a 1-year program and maximum of 24 months for a 2-year program.
- ETH Zurich Excellence Masters Scholarships
- KTH Scholarships
- Radboud Scholarships for International Students
- Lund University Global Scholarship
- Scholarship Program in Pakistan
- Uppsala University Global Scholarship
Deadline of application for the Leiden University scholarship
The closing date for application is 1 Feb for programmes starting 1 Sept and 1 Oct for programmes starting 1 Feb.
Benefits of Applying for the Excellence Scholarship
You gain the following when you are qualified for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarship:
- € 15,000 of the tuition fee
- € 10,000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
Eligibility for the Leiden scholarship Award
You must meet the following criteria:
- Must be fluent in English
- All Non-EU/EEA international students are eligible for the scholarship
- Must have good academic record
- Must comply with Dutch visa regulations.
How to apply for the University of Leiden scholarship 2022
To apply for the University of Leiden scholarship, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website page for the University of Leiden scholarship application portal
- Apply for the Master’s program at Leiden University and pay the application fee if applicable.
- In the online application form, indicate that you wish to apply for a LExS.
- Proceed to upload your LExS motivation letter as instructed in your online application. It should be a Word doc with a maximum of 500 words
- Then submit your online application, containing the University of Leiden application, it should be done before the deadline
- If you apply for more than one study program and wish to apply for a LExS for each, indicate this clearly in each application and upload a LExS motivation letter for each.
Hurry now and apply for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarship for international students.