Welcome How to Save Facebook Video Special guide. If a video appears in your Facebook timeline after being posted by a friend, family member, company or other entity you can download it as an MP4 file and store it locally for future use.
In order to do so you must first trick Facebook into thinking that you’re viewing the social media site on a mobile device an unconventional but necessary workaround.
How to Save Facebook Video
The following steps will work for the majority of FB videos, including those
originally recorded via Facebook Live, in most major web browsers.
1. 1. After navigating to the video that you wish to download, right-click anywhere within the player.
2. A pop-up menu should appear, overlaying the video player and offering a few options.
3. Select the one labeled Show video URL.
4. Another pop-up will display containing the direct address, or URL, for the respective video. Click on this URL to highlight it and copy it to the clipboard.
This can be done by right-clicking and selecting theCopy option or by using the keyboard shortcut specific to your operating system; such as CTRL + Con Windows, Chrome OS, and Linux or COMMAND + C on macOS.
5. Paste the URL into your browser’s address bar, replacing any text currently
residing there, by right-clicking in the edit field and selecting the Paste option from the sub-menu that appears. You can also use the following keyboard shortcuts to paste the new URL:CTRL + V on Windows, Chrome OS, and Linux
or COMMAND + V on macOS.
6.Now that the address bar is populated with the new URL, you’ll need to modify it slightly by replacing www with m. The front portion of the URL should now
readm.facebook.com instead of www.facebook.com.Hit the Enter or Return key to load this new address.
7. The video should now be displayed in a mobile-optimized page. Click on the play button.
Internet Explorer only: A pop-up dialog should appear at the bottom of your
browser window. Click on the Save button to download the video file to your default
8. With the video playing, right-click anywhere within the player again. A new context menu will now appear, offering different options than those given in step 2.
9. Choose the one labeled Save video as.
10. Pick the desired location where you’d like to save the video file and click on the Save or Open button, which varies based on operating system. The complete video file will now be stored on your hard drive in MP4 format. You’re good to go.
Thanks for reading “Simplified Steps on How to Save Facebook Video“