In our previous article, we were able to guide you on gonorrhea, Prevention, Treatment, Symptoms of gonorrhea in men etc. here we are aiming at giving you everything about Symptoms of gonorrhea in women.
It is obvious that gonorrhea is most commonly spread during sex. But babies can easily be infected during childbirth if their mothers are infected. In newly born babies, gonorrhea most commonly affects the eyes
Symptoms of gonorrhea in Women
In women, gonorrhea signs are usually undetectable, extremely mild or often confused for other conditions. If left untreated, gonorrhea can spread into the uterus or Fallopian tubes, causing pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). PID might lead to infertility and an increased risk of ectopic (or tubal) pregnancy. It is recommended that you consider gonorrhea testing as part of your routine STD testing, especially if you are pregnant or at risk of contracting an STD.
Most Common Symptoms of gonorrhea in Women
- Silent or no symptoms
Less Common Symptoms of gonorrhea in Women
- Unusual, increased bloody yellowish or watery green vaginal discharge
- Painful urination
- Rectal pain, discharge, or bleeding
- Inflamed eye
Least Common Symptoms of gonorrhea in Women
- Sore throat
- Pain during intercourse
- Lower back pain
- Low stomach aches
- Bleeding between periods
Factors that may increase your risk of gonorrhea infection are:
- Younger age
- A new sex partner
- A sex partner who has concurrent partners
- Multiple sex partners
- Previous gonorrhea diagnosis
- Having other sexually transmitted infections
Prevention of Gonorrhea
Take steps to reduce your risk of gonorrhea:
- The Use a condom. Abstaining from sex is the surest way to prevent gonorrhea. But if you choose to have sex, use a condom during any type of sexual contact, including anal sex, oral sex or vaginal sex.
- Ask your partner to be tested for sexually transmitted infections. Find out whether your partner has been tested for sexually transmitted infections, including gonorrhea. If not, ask whether he or she would be willing to be tested.
- Don’t have sex with someone who has any unusual symptoms. If your partner has signs or symptoms of a sexually transmitted infection, such as burning during urination or a genital rash or sore, don’t have sex with that person.
- Consider regular gonorrhea screening. Annual screening is recommended for all sexually active women less than 25 years of age and for older women at increased risk of infection, such as those who have a new sex partner, more than one sex partner, a sex partner with concurrent partners, or a sex partner who has a sexually transmitted infection.Regular screening is also recommended for men who have sex with men, as well as their partners.
I hope at this juncture, I have been able to give you everything about Symptoms of gonorrhea in women.
How to treat gonorrhea at home
How gonorrhea affect a pregnant woman and her baby
Gonorrhea discharge in Male and Female
What Happens when Oral gonorrhea is left untreated
How to cure dandruff fast and permanently
Which drugs can cure gonorrhea
Gonorrehea Treatment Antibiotic dosage