View Pokes On Facebook | How To See Pokes Received By Me On Facebook: Welcome to our Facebook Guides
What does it mean? What’s the meaning of a Facebook poke? Is it a flirting signal? What should you do in response?
People poke their friends or friends of friends on Facebook for a lot of reasons (ex: just saying hello, getting their attention).
When you poke someone, they’ll receive a notification.
Sending a Poke on Facebook: There are a number of reasons to send pokes, both to your friends and to people who aren’t on your friends list, including:
– Just to say a quick “hello”
– To remind someone that you’re still waiting on a reply or message from him or her
– To check in and see if a person has visited Facebook lately
– To let someone know you’re thinking of him or her
– Just because you can.
How to Send Pokes
How to poke someone on Facebook.
To poke someone:
1. Go to their profile page.
2. Find the “…” icon located on the cover photo of their profile.
3. Select the “poke” option.
4. A popup window will appear confirming that you have poked the person.
How to Tell If You Have Been Poked
If someone pokes you, you’ll receive a notification under the “world” icon for notifications on the blue menu bar on the right.
If you click on that notice, you’ll be taken to a screen where you can choose a “Poke Back” option inside of a blue button with a hand icon. You will also see below that a list of suggested people to poke.
You can also delete the poke by clicking on the grey “x” to the right of the Poke Back button. One thing to keep in mind is that you cannot poke the same person twice unless the individual has returned or removed your first poke.
Stop a Facebook User from Poking You
If you want to stop someone from poking you, you can block them by clicking on the question mark icon on the top right of the blue menu bar. Go to Privacy Shortcuts and choose the third option, “How do I stop someone from bothering me?” A screen will pop up where you can enter the person’s name or email address.
Sending Pokes from Your Phone: You can easily poke a Facebook user from your mobile phone. It’s quite similar to using a desktop computer or laptop.
– From your Facebook app on the mobile phone, go the person’s profile.
– Below their cover photo and name, you will see the vertical three dots on the right-hand side.
– Click on this to open a drop-down menu.
– Select the “poke” option.
Note that if you can’t see that feature in your Facebook account, you can use this link:facebook.com/pokes to continue to your Facebook poke’s page.