WAEC Syllabus For Literature In English 2021/2022 | Download WAEC Literature Syllabus. Fortunately, you are among those that have been searching for answers to, [waec syllabus for Literature in English, WAEC syllabus for biology, WAEC syllabus pdf, WAEC syllabus for crk, waec syllabus for Literature In English 2021, WAEC syllabus 2021 pdf, 2020/2021 WAEC syllabus in Nigeria, WAEC Syllabus For Literature In English 2021/2022| Download WAEC Syllabus 2021 ], then, of course, you are not the only one searching.
Without the WAEC Syllabus, Your preparation is yet to kick off.
WAEC Syllabus For Literature In English 2021 an outline of the main points of a discourse, the subjects, the contents of WAEC Literature In English 2021/2022 curriculum Given out by The West African Examination council for all candidates sitting for the Waec examination.
Right here, you will get all the updates you have been searching for regarding “WAEC Syllabus For Literature In English 2021/2022 | Download WAEC Syllabus 2021
Download WAEC Literature In English Syllabus For 2021/2022
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
There will be three papers – Papers 1, 2 and 3. Papers 1 and 2 will a composite paper and will be taken at one sitting.
Paper 1 will be a multiple choice objective test. It will contain fifty questions distributed as follows:
(a) Twenty questions on General Knowledge of Literature;
(b) Five questions on an unseen prose passage;
(c) Five questions on an unseen poem;
(d) Twenty context questions on the prescribed Shakespearean text.
Candidates will be expected to answer all the questions within 1 hour for 50 marks.
Paper 2 will be an essay test with two sections, Sections A and B.
Section A will be on African Prose and Section B on Non-African Prose.
Two essay questions will be set on each of the novels recommended for study.
Candidates shall be required to answer one question only from each section within 1 hour 15 minutes for 50 marks.
Paper 3 is going be on the Drama and Poetry components of the syllabus.
It will be put into four sections, Sections A, B. C and D as follows:
Section A: African Drama
Section B: Non-African Drama
Section C: African Poetry
Section D: Non-African Poetry
There shall be two questions on each of the prescribed drama texts for Sections A and B. There shall also be two questions for each of the poetry sections ie Sections C and D.
Candidates shall be required to answer one question from each of the sections, making a total of four questions. The paper will take 2 hours 30 minutes to complete and will carry 100 marks.
(i) The Unseen Prose passage for Paper 1 shall be about 120 – 150 words long.
(ii) Only context questions shall be set on the Shakespearean text. The context questions will test such items as theme, characterization, style and setting in the Shakespearean text.
(iii) No essay question shall be set on the Shakespearean text.
WAEC Syllabus For Literature In English 2021
SET TEXTS FOR 2016 – 2020
(1) AmmaDarko – Faceless (2) BayoAdebowale – Lonely Days
(1) Richard Wright – Native Son (2) Patience Swift – The Last Goodman
(1) Oliver Goldsmith – She Stoops to conquer (2) Lorraine Hansberry – A Raisin in the Sun
(1) Frank Ogodo Ogbeche – Harvest of Corruption (2) Dele Charley – The Blood of a Stranger
(1) Birago Drop – Vanity
(2) Gbemisola Adeoti – Ambush
(3) Gabriel Okara – Piano and Drums
(4) Gbanabam Hallowell – The Dinning Table
(5) Lenrie Peter – The Panic of Growing Older
(6) Kofi Awoonor – The Anvil and the Hammer
(1) Alfred Tennyson – Crossing the Bar
(2) George Herbert – The pulley
(3) William Blake – The School Boy
(4) William Morris – The Proud King
(5) Robert Frost Birches – Birches
(6) William Shakespeare – Shall I compare thee to a Summer’s Day?
Above is the WAEC Syllabus and Recommended textbooks for LITERATURE IN ENGLISH 2020/2021
- WAEC CRS Questions and Answers
- WAEC Financial Accounting Questions and Answers
- WAEC Further Mathematics Questions and Answers
- WAEC Economics Questions and Answers
- WAEC Syllabus for Econonics
How to Prepare for WAEC Literature
The following Steps will help during your Literature exams preparation:
- Start reading for Literature exams early
- Download the Literature syllabus into your device
- Practice Past Questions and Answers
- Attend Tutorials
- Do not Fail to read all the Recommended Novels
If this information on WAEC Syllabus For Literature In English is useful to you, please share it using any of the platform bellow. Equally feel free to ask any question using the comment box.