Austria is one of the best countries one should visit. Asides Austria’s ambiance, the country is the centre of Europe. It is bordered by an extraordinary number of countries: Germany, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Italy, Switzerland and Liechtenstein. The country is known for its incredible beauty, in part provided by the gorgeous mountain ranges and idyllic lakes.
As a tourist planning or wondering on your next tourist destination,then, Austria should be on your priority list. Because, the country is the home of some of the best tourist attraction centers in the world.
In this article,we will give you a detailed information on the different places you could visit in Austria for a fun filled adventure and many other related informations.
Table of Contents
List of the best places to visit in Austria:
For you to have an adventurous and an unforgettable experience on your next vacation, make sure you include some of these places to visit in Austria in your list. And don’t worry. You’ll find plenty of accommodation as well as transport options near all these charming Austria tourist places to make your holiday an enjoyable one.
Below is the list of the best places to visit in Austria:
- Vienna: Vienna is one of the best places you should visit in Austria. The city is the capital of Austria and also the largest city in the country. It holds more than 200 balls each year. The city is known for classical composers such as Elegant waltzes and Johann Strauss. Others include; Mozart, Brahms, Beethoven and Schubert. A walk down the city’s beautiful Ringstrasse Boulevard, lined with royal buildings like the Hofburg Imperial Palace and many beautiful parks, is a great way to enjoy your holiday. The city have a number of architectural site to admire.
- Salzburg: this tourist site is One of the best places in Austria to visit. Salzburg is a charming city surrounded by rolling green meadows, majestic historical buildings and Mozart. It is the birthplace of the genius composer and the place where the iconic movie Sound of music was shot, Salzburg take the top of the list for best places to visit in Austria.
- Bad Gastein: Bad Gastiein is known for its spectacular landscape and charming Belle Epoque architecture. The environment is covered in lush forests and surrounded by steep, mountainous cliffs. One of the outstanding buildings in the area is the Grand de l’Europe Hotel. Located at the side of the mountain slopes and towers over the city . This 11-storey hotel has been an iconic landmark since it’s construction over 110 years ago.
- The Bad Gasteiner Waterfall: The eye-catching site of Bad Gastieiner Waterfall is also a unique sight to see, as it flows directly through the middle of the town center.
- St Anton am Arlberg: As one of the best places to visit in Austria. St Anton am Arlberg is a famous ski resort towns in Austria. The entire region is an outdoor enthusiast’s dream.The 9,215-foot Valluga Mountain is a highlight for skiers and non-skiers alike. The resort is also entertaining for sports like hiking, cycling and mountain biking.
- Graz: Graz is also one of the best tourist stop in Austria. It is the second largest and cheapest city in Austria with six universities and one of Europe’s best preserved old town. Graz has so much for any tourist to explore. These includes the numerous museums, impressive baroque & renaissance-style buildings and a unique forested hill in the centre of the city offering panoramic views which can give you a perfect holiday to reminisce on.
List of the best tourist attraction centers in Austria:
- Worthersee: This is a perfect tourist attraction site for summer holidays. The beautiful Worthersee Lake offers enough opportunities for various water sports like; swimming, boating and canoeing in the summer months. While at Worthersee you can explore the colourful Griffen Stalactite cave for some thrill. Worthersee also accommodates the 12th century ancient Cathedral of Gurk and Gmund the birthplace of Porsche. A visit to these places could make your vacation a perfect one.
- Bregenz: Bregenz is located on the Eastern edge of Lake Constance. From Bregenz you could see the sweeping views of the Swiss and German Alps.
- Krimml Waterfalls: This is the highest waterfall in Austria and one of the best places for tourists enthusiast. Krimml Waterfalls is a great place to visit and witness with your loved ones. To reach this fall, you would have to hike a 4 km trail that would take you through multiple observation platforms and around 1.5 hours to reach the highest tier of the waterfall. The place is home to numerous Austria’s best places to visit. However, the best time to visit this site is in the early hours of the day.
- Zell am See: Zell am see is one of the outstanding tourist attraction center in Austria. The small city is set on the shores of a blue lake, from which it draws its name, with cosy chalets and flower-filled meadows coating the slopes. Games like hiking, cycling and watersports are popular in the summer, the winter months see skiers and snowboarders descend upon the town due to the marvelous mountains and ski resorts nearby. One of its most famous attractions is the Romanesque St. Hippolyte’s Church, with an elevated walkway that dates back to the early 16th century.
Is Austria interested in tourism?
Austria as a country is very much interested in tourism and has also invested a lot in the tourist industry. The tourist industry in the country have made available numerous tourist attraction centers for both locals and international visitors. In 2007, Austria ranked 9th worldwide in international tourism receipts, with 18.9 billion US$. In international tourist arrivals, Austria ranked 12th with 30.8 million tourists.
Which are the most visited tourist attraction centers in Austria?
Vienna attracts a major part of tourists, both in summer and winter while Salzburg receives about a fifth of tourist overnight stays compared to Vienna, which ranks it 2nd in the summer season. During the winter season, a number of winter sport resorts in western Austria usually overtakes Salzburg in the number of tourists visits. Resorts like: Sölden, Saalbach-Hinterglemm, Ischgl, Sankt Anton am Arlberg, and Obertauern.
Most of the places that are visited in Austria are Vienna with its Cathedral, its “Heurigen” (wine pubs) and romantic Waltz music events. Salzburg, the birthplace of Mozart, Innsbruck, the capital of Tyrol surrounded by the Alps, Linz, capital of Upper Austria with the largest Cathedral of Austria and modern cultural highlights, and the Danube valley with its vineyards, for example the Wachau or Dunkelsteinerwald, which are between Melk and Krems.
All of the above tourist attraction centers in Austria accommodates millions of tourist enthusiasts from all over the world .
We hope this information was helpful. Visit our website often for more information on related Articles.