Visiting other countries outside the country of your residence or origin could be quite expensive, but at the same time educative and entertaining. As a traveler looking for a good tourist destination to visit,Belarus is one you should consider. Belarus is a perfect destination for a getaway with friends,holidays or a romantic honeymoon for couples.
Belarus is a country with an ancient history and rich traditions; with magnificent nature and amazing architecture. It combines the heritage of Western European and East Slavic traditions of architecture. The country is famous for its forests and lakes –one of the reason it is called “The lungs of Europe”.
The Republic of Belarus is located in the center of Europe. The country has diverse culture and traditions with large forest which are open for exploration. If you are interested in exploring Belarus, this article will provide detail information on the best places to visit in Belarus,tourist attraction centers, tourism in Belarus and so many information you would like to know.
Table of Contents
Best places to visit in Belarus:
Braslaw Lakes: this is one of the best places to visit in Belarus. Belarus is a constellation of over 30 glacial lakes, making it one of the best places and entertaining place to visit in Belarus for water enthusiasts. The area is a paradise for those who love boating, fishing, or simply basking in the beauty of nature. The lakes are interconnected.
- Brest Fortress: Brest Fortress serves as a monumental tribute to resilience and courage. This 19th-century Russian stronghold is one of the most beautiful places of Belarus for its architecture and history. The fortress played a crucial role during World War II and is now one of the most visited tourist attraction center in the country.
- Khatyn Memorial: Khatyn Memorial is one of the best tourist attractions in Belarus. It serves as reminder of the tragedies that befell Belarus during second World War. This memorial complex honors the villagers of Khatyn town, who were massacred in 1943. The site is one of the most scenic places in Belarus but for reasons other than natural beauty. The memorial has a statue of the “Unconquered Man” and a bell that rings every 30 seconds. All the elements available in this in this site is designed to evoke emotions and reflections.
- Lida Castle: This Castle is a medieval marvel that takes one back to the 14th century. It was Built as a defense against the Teutonic Knights. The castle have been here for so many years. It has stand the test of time and now serves as a fascinating museum. With its imposing stone walls and watchtowers.
- The National Art Museum of the Republic of Belarus : here is one of the best places to explore in Belarus for its art collection. It holds over thirty thousand pieces of national and international art – classic to contemporary. There is also a good collection of Russian and Belarusian art over the years with the work from 19th century being the most prominent ones.
Other tourist attraction centers in Belarus:
- The National Library of Belarus :is for sure one of the most famous places to visit in Belarus. It is located in Nezavisimosti 116, Minsk 220114, Belarus. Its huge diamond glass design usually shines at night.
- Belovezhskaya Pushcha National Park in Belarus: is one of the outstanding attraction site in Belarus located at Kamianiuki, Belarus. its has an area of 64 sq. km. The forest according to history has hosted wild animals from bears to boars to the famous bison and horses.
- The Gomel Palace & Park Ensemble: is a truly enchanting place in Belarus. It will definitely make your trip to Belarus a memorable one. It is an historic park with many well-preserved mature trees.
- The Botanical garden: is amongst the best tourist attraction centers in Belarus which is situated at the heart of the city. The garden has wide shady paths through tall wooden avenues, benches, flowering garden beds, a hothouse, kiosks, and a restaurant. This garden also has pine and deciduous trees.
- Mir Castle: This is one of the beautiful places you can stop by in Belarus.
Where is the capital of Belarus?
The capital city of Belarus is Minsk. Your journey in Belarus starts at Minsk. Minsk offers a lot to travelers and tourist enthusiast. You can start your sightseeing journey in Minsk from Independence Square, one of the largest public squares in entire Europe. You are guaranteed to have a great time with pretty water fountains and dancing lights here. Apart from this, Minsk city is also quite popular for beautiful gardens and parks. You can also have a good time at the central botanical garden. If you are a lover of History you can go to the National History Museum to gain information in regards to the history of Belarus.
What religion is predominant in Belarus?
The most prevalent religion in the Republic of Belarus is Christianity. Christians of Belarus are mostly Orthodox, Catholic, Uniate and Protestant. The other religion that follows are Judaism and Islam.
How to get entry into Belarus?
For you to gain entry into Belarus. You should make preparations for a suitable Visa that tallies with your purpose of visit. Before you start the actual procedures to get a visa to Belarus, you need to check out which visa type you actually need to apply for. If you apply for the wrong visa your application may be rejected, or you may get a visa that is not going to be useful to you.
There are three types of Belarusian visas according to the intended period of stay:
- B – Transit visa.
- C – Short-term visa, valid for up to 90 days. This visa can be granted for the following purposes: business, for participation in sport or cultural events, tourism, private purposes, study, employment, religious reasons, implementation of humanitarian programs, visiting the burial places and journalistic activity.
- D – long-term visa, valid for up to 1 year with the right to stay up to 90 days.
You should visit any of the aforementioned places to create memories to reminisce on. Visit our website for more interesting articles.