Are you planning a trip to Papua New Guinea? Do you need a guide to help plan your trip? Or you need details to give you an insight on what to expect. Then, this article is for you. We will list out some of the best and interesting places you could visit in Papua to make your trip a remarkable one.
Papua New Guinea is a volcanic crater which also has a misty rainforests. In Papua New Guinea with the advent of technology and modernism, life hasn’t erased centuries of tradition. It’s a land that invites you to step off the tourist trail and dive into the unknown.
From the underwater marvels of the Coral Triangle to the ancient cultures of the Highlands.
Table of Contents
List of the best places to visit in Papua New Guinea:
1. Rabaul: This is a destination that is filled with both natural beauty and rich history. It is one the best places to visit in Papua New Guinea. Once a thriving city, Rabaul’s landscape dramatically transformed in 1994 when twin volcanic eruptions reshaped its topography, leaving behind a haunting yet mesmerizing canvas.
2. The Lusancay Islands: These islands are among the best places and tourist attraction site in Papua New Guinea. It’s offers white sandy beaches, turquoise waters, and an abundance of marine life. It can be describe as a tropical paradise.
3. The National Museum and Art gallery: This site is one of the best places to visit in Papua New Guinea that captures its rainbow tribal and indigenous culture. This attraction site should be on your priority list as it’s one of the essential places to visit in Papua New Guinea. The exhibits are arrange by themes – there are sections on the musical instruments of the people, their masks and costumes, their canoes and other seafaring instruments. You can see the famous totem poles from Sepik and also the skull racks which are locally called ‘agiba’.
4. Parliament Haus: The Parliament Haus is a tourist site with a fusion of the building styles of the local people and a jewel of Papua New Guinea tourism. The main building was built in the fashion of the Sepik or Maprik haus tambaran. While the attached cafe is a circular building that reflects more of the ethos of the highlands. The building both inside and outside reflects the extensive cultural heritage of the country.
5. Muschu Island: is one of the best places in Papua which has swimming holes, forest and the sea which makes it a perfect relaxation spot. The charming island of Muschu is just off the coast at Wewak. It is run by a local family, and the beachside bungalow provides scenic views of the sea and the black beach that is the signature of the Muschu Island.
List of Tourist attraction centers in Papua New Guinea:
- Port Moresby Nature Park: this is a tourist attraction site that nature reserved, this one is maintain by the University of Papua New Guinea around Port Moresby and is one of the quiet and calm places to see in Papua New Guinea and the city of Port Moresby.
- Lae War Cemetery: Papua New Guinea was an active theatre during the Second World War, and the Australian government maintains the war cemetery at Lae even today in memory of Australian soldiers who lost their lives here during the conflict.
- Mt. Wilhelm: is a tourist center for mountaineers. It stands at the height of 4,509 meters, Mt. Wilhelm is not just the highest peak in Papua New Guinea; it’s a rite of passage for mountaineers and adventure seekers.
- Madang : is a blend of pristine beaches, lush rainforests, and crystal-clear waters that seem straight out of a dream.
- Panasia Island : As one of the tourist attraction center in Papua New Guinea,panasia island is a diver’s paradise. It boasts of some of the most vibrant coral reefs in the world. It’s one of those Papua New Guinea destinations that you’ll want to visit again and again. The underwater world here is teeming with life, from colorful fish to intricate coral formations.
- The Kokoda Track: is where history and adventure intertwine. It offers a trail experience like one can always reminisce. Stretching over 96 kilometers through Papua New Guinea’s rugged terrains, this track is a testament to endurance, both in nature and spirit.
What is Papua New Guinea Best know for?
Papua New Guinea is best known for two things; snorkeling and its virgin islands where you will find nature at its best. These islands are where you will get to explore incredible marine biodiversity. There are lots of other things to do in Papua New Guinea. It is a land of adventure, memories creation and nature personify.
Facts about Papua New Guinea?
- The island of New Guinea is home to the third largest rainforest in the world, after the Amazon and the Congo.
- Snow has been known to fall on the mountaintops of the mainland. Even though, Papua New Guinea sits 160km north of Australia, just below the equator.
- Papua New Guinea is a home of over 850 different languages and approximately 1000 different cultures. It is definitely one of the most diverse country in the world.
- One of the few poisonous birds in the world resides in Papua New Guinea.
In this article we have listed out the best places to visit in Papua New Guinea,the tourist attraction centers in the country, what the country is know for and some facts about Papua New Guinea. We hope this details will help you plan a perfect and remarkable holiday.
Visit our website for more interesting articles and don’t forget to leave a comment at the comment section.