Are you a tourist enthusiast? A lover of adventures? Do you wish to visit a country in Europe? Then, Switzerland is a preferred option.
Switzerland is a small European country surrounded by the majestic Alps. The country is rich in culture with a picture perfect natural beauty of it environment . It is bordered by Germany, France, Italy, and Austria. Switzerland is blessed with a breathtaking scenery.
In this article, we will give relevant informations on the best places to visit in Switzerland,the best time to visit the country etc.
Table of Contents
List of the best places to visit in Switzerland:
Below is the list of the best places to visit in Switzerland for a memorable adventure:
1. Valle Verzasca:
The picturesque and unspoiled Verzasca Valley is hidden in the Ticino Alps in the south of Switzerland. This valley is one of the best places to visit in Switzerland. One of the main tourist attractions is the Ponte dei Salti, an ancient stone bridge that crosses the crystal clear, emerald-green river. In winter, mystical mist often lies on the water which makes the valley a popular spot for nature lovers and photographers.
The village of Lavertezzo is also of the the attraction of this tourist site.
This is one of the best places to visit in Switzerland. Interlaken is a traditional resort town that is situated between two lakes, Lake Brienz and LakeThun. The quaint town is also a literal paradise for those who love the great outdoors. Apart from the stunning alpine landscapes, there is a huge variety of adventure sports in this Swiss playground.
3. The Matterhorn :
Matterhorn tourist site and its iconic pointed peak is known for being one of the highest Alpine mountains, and also for being the most photographed Alpine mountains. At the foot of Matterhorn lies the idyllic village of Zermatt.
4. Lake Geneva:
List of tourist attraction centers in Switzerland:
- Aletsch Glacier: is a tourist attraction site to explore the ice palace, a labyrinth of tunnels spanning 1000 meters under the sea of ice.
- Grindelwald-First: is one of the best places to visit in Switzerland. It is located in the Interlaken-Oberhasli administrative district in the canton of Berne.
- St. Moritz: is the perfect winter tourist destination because, there are plenty of winter sports to enjoy.
- Zurich: is the largest city in Switzerland and should not be exempted from the list of tourist centers in the country. It is located on Lake Zurich and the Limmat River. Zurich is also the financial capital of Switzerland.
- Basel on the Rhine River: Basel is a wonderful city which locates directly on the Rhine River. It Shares a border with France and Germany. It is an ideal location to explore the countryside. Known as the cultural capital of Switzerland, Basel is a home of some of the country’s most unique and beautiful architecture.
- Lugano in Ticino: The town of Lugano is the star attraction of Ticino with mountains framing its long beach and waterfront path along pristine glacial Lake Lugano. Known as the “Little Rio of Switzerland”.
- Castle of Bellinzona: This is the capital of Ticino and it is one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites – The Castles of Bellinzona. The castles consist of three well-preserved castles and fortified walls, Castelgrande, Montebello, and Sasso Corbaro . Don’t miss visiting this amazing natural site.
- Bern: Bern is a medieval old town and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Which boasts of the world’s longest-covered shopping promenades with 6 km (3.7 miles) of arcades. It is the gateway to the Alps, houses the highest cathedral in Switzerland, and is the seat of parliament.
When is the best time to visit Switzerland?
It is often advisable to visit Switzerland between April and October, although winter sports enthusiasts may prefer December to March. The country has four distinct seasons, each with its own attractions.
There is the spring months of March to May which brings Alpine blooms, flowering trees and cows heading out to pasture. The warmest months of June, July and August summery temperatures prevail. This is when locals and visitors alike head to the lake shores for refreshment and relaxation, meaning thicker crowds.
There are often wine and fruit harvests during the fall months of September to November and from December to February, you’ll find snow, cold and winter sports.
We hope this article can help you create an adventurous trip on your next vacation to Switzerland. Contact us for more information on travel guide and Visa sponsorship jobs.